Complaints - Who May Lodge A Complaint?

Any person may lodge a complaint against a Member if they believe that the Member has engaged in unprofessional conduct and/or the unskilled practice of architecture. Complaints should be made in writing, to the Registrar of the Association, and should contain a detailed description and as much documentation as possible in support of the complaint.

The complainant should describe the alleged misconduct, should identify all Members involved, and should include copies of supporting documentation including any relevant contracts, documents, letters, email or other materials or communications. The materials provided must be comprehensive enough to provide the Chair of the Complaint Review Committee with sufficient particulars of the conduct in question to access appropriate disposition of the complaint. Once the Registrar has received a written complaint, the Association can respond in accordance with the complaint review process established in the Architects Act.